5 Important Reasons Every #GirlsBoss Should Keep Their Nails Done
Photo via @DemiLobo Instagram
Don't you just love the feeling of a fresh manicure? Although sometimes it's annoying waiting for the appointment because clearly I am not the only gal in LA who loves getting her nails done. Yea it's serious business, nails for me fall in line with a million other things I have to remind myself to do, so that I "don't get caught slippin." You know what I mean right? The time you say you'll wait on getting a car wash, then a friend asks you to take them home. Or you put your manicure off until next week and then you have a meeting or job interview the next day? See getting my nails done, just like getting my car washed and hair done are not things you do, to keep up with your celeb Instagram idol. It's impossible when you're a girl boss, creative, or entrepreneur working on a limited budget, to live their life. BUT there are some essentials that require you #levelUP and put a little more effort in, to keep you ahead of the game.
Trust me I know, the cost to pay for a manicure every 2 weeks sounds outrageous so the alternative is to find a way to do your nails your self. You can go to CVS or Walgreens and buy an at home nail kit, and DIY it until you make it! What ever floats your, just try and make sure you keep your nail game on fleek.
1. Relieve stress: I feel like in that roughly 45 minutes to an hour, whatever was stressing you out becomes a blur. You're more focused on what color you want, shape and why they are killing your cuticles with this drill??!! No but seriously, you really do need to shave out weekly "me time" and to pamper yourself every now and then. And getting your nails done might be the stress reliever to make you forget about the negative influences that try and stop your greatness on a daily basis.
2. Stay ready you don't have to get ready: I am definitely that person who pushes off my nail appointment, mainly because of time to go to the salon, park, wait, wait, get my nails done, an hour where I can't text, then let my nails dry? Chile it is an entire process. It never fails, when I put off my nails, something comes up where I should have had them done, and when I do have them done, something comes up and I am glad I have them done. So moral of the story: "If you stay ready, you don't have to get ready!" Can I get an Amen?
3. Taken more seriously: One of my friends a few years ago casually joked about my chipped polish, and I will never forget it. See what you have to know about a joke, is that there is an underlying truth in that joke that is being hidden. I used to think it was so big deal that my polish was chipped or I was over over over OVER due for a fill-in. The reality of this world is that people are always watching and whether your friends or associates say it TO you, it is a chance they are thinking: "GIRL, it is time for a fill-in," or "She made time to go to the club but she can't make time for her nails," OR "She's been hanging out with that guy, and doesn't have her nails done?" No, I am not saying to please other people, but if you're in a business meeting with chipped polish, and a killer presentation and there is another women with her nails, and hair all together, there is a chance that your opponent could snag the job simply because she "looks" more put together. You don't want to lose out because you didn't spend the extra time getting the finishing touches!
4. Increase your confidence: It is what it is. I feel so much better once I get my nails done. Something about not having to worry about taking photos, making sure my nails don't show in the photo brings me joy. I feel more on top of things, I feel like I already have the job, when my nails look nice. The way you feel on the outside, resonates on the inside as well. When you look good, you feel good!
5. You deserve it: Girl you work hard and deserve to treat yourself. If it's money, then what I do is go old school with it. I get an envelope and every day/week put the money I need for my nails and set it aside. Budgeting rules the world, I totally understand the funds not being where you want them to be at the moment. But in this life, you have to fake it until you make it. You deserve to look at your best at all times, you deserve the last minute date, or private event where you meet you idol. So your nail game MUST be poppin girl!
Shop my power planner to get organized: Slay365 HERE